- IT’S TIME TO HIT PAUSE AND EAT: This is more than a ramekin. Mora is Latin for "Pause", acting as a reminder to slow down in your amazing life. You are always being told to do more, to go faster, to be better, but it's time for you to slow down and practice self care. Your Mora ramekins can help you do that. Whether you are baking dessert, serving a charcuterie board or anything else, every time you use Mora it's a reminder to hit pause, give yourself some me time, and practice mindful eating.
- LEAD FREE ALL NATURAL GLAZE: We know that lead is a poison, but what some of us don't know is that it is in a lot of ceramic glazes, since there is no US regulation for lead in adult products. Unlike other ceramic companies, our glazes are lead free, meaning you will never have to worry about lead leaching into your system and making you sick. Since our glaze is all-natural, it tends to change color depending on the lighting. The color may be a tad different from what you see on your screen.
- CRYSTALLIZED SCRATCH RESISTANT FORMULA: Our glaze is extra strong to prevent scratches from your knives and forks. Only we produce a crystallized glossy glaze that is strong enough to resist scratches under 1000 grams of pressure and produce a non-stick finish. Please note dark marks may occur due to nickel on silverware, but are easy to remove.
- CERAMIC WITH 20% STRONGER PALADIN CLAY: Our clay was refined and fired with you in mind. Only we have Paladin Clay which is 20% stronger than the competitors, giving you a stronger and more durable porcelain ramekin. The shape was designed to bake evenly with a flat bottom, work as a set, help your food look even more beautiful, and make you happy every day. Our ramekins are microwave. freezer, oven, and dishwasher safe.
- MORA’S PROMISE: We provide a free refund or replacement for any defective products, anytime. Just let us know what happened. We offer daily customer service because you are important to us. Our objective is to help you hit pause, so we won’t settle for anything you don’t love. We’re not happy unless you are.❤
- Easily Match The Many Uses of Your Life: Classic and simple style ramekins are perfect for preparing and serving a variety of dishes, including souffle, creme brulee, lava cakes, dipping sauces, french onion soup, olives, quiche, and ice cream.
- Sturdy and Healthy: Ramekins feature durable, glazed porcelain construction. Lead-free and chip-resistant makes them healthy and sturdy for long-lasting daily use, safe for dishwasher, microwave, oven, and freezer.
- Perfect Individual Serving Size: The 4 ounce (1/2 cup) creme brulee just has 145 kcal / 606.5 kJ, which allows you to enjoy the delicious food while being under the control of a healthy diet.
- Easy to Clean and Store: Interior and exterior glaze protect ramekins against stains, making it easy to clean. These ramekins precisely sized and have a rigorous stacked test, the stacks are tight and stable, giving you delicious while not taking up too much space in the cabinet.
- Elegant Design: Classic style, bright and smooth glaze, elegant and pretty color make these ramekins never get out of style, giving a timeless look to your tabletop presentation also add your guests' dining experience.
Souffles are the favorite dishes for many as they are incredibly delicious. These dishes are baked in small pans called ramekins, which, although they are very versatile and inexpensive, look very classic. Let’s talk about the best ramekins substitute.
Unfortunately, you won’t find a ramekin in my kitchen, talk less of my oven for baking or even on my counter. And I don’t think anyone conscious of maintaining a strictly contemporary kitchen or diner wants to turn to them.
My grandmother was fond of her souffles, and I acquired a 6-piece set from her. It only took me two weeks to realize why ramekins are now considered grandmother souffle-making bakeware. There are now so many ramekin alternatives in the kitchen that buying them would be a waste of money, in my opinion.
They looked too simple, traditional, and uncontemporary. And when I found that there are worthy options which I found to be far more functional and much more aesthetically pleasing, I could not help but share them with you!
What is a Ramekin?
I know you’re bent on finding out the best substitute for ramekins. However, I think it’s important you know what ramekins really are so that you can get a substitute that will is be similar in result.
Ramekins are primarily known as souffle dishes. They are small baking dishes often used to prepare and serve individual servings. Classic ramekin is white and cylindrical. It has deep vertical sides and a ridged exterior with a rounded lip.
They are special pans that are different from those used in the kitchen. They are used to create small cakes and are characterized by the presence of high edges that allow different preparations to rise accordingly.
As there is a wide variety of models, the cups are often sold in sets to ensure versatile use. Those for muffins and cupcakes can be about 3 to 5 cm in diameter. However, there are smaller solutions that allow you to prepare chocolates or mini-desserts.
Where Would You Use a Ramekins Substitute?
If ramekins are very versatile, then a ramekins substitute is twice as versatile! Ramekin substitutes are perfect for single-portioned soups and cakes or for serving nuts, sauces, and small sandwiches and even as a substitute for a mini prep bowl or salt shaker.
The ramekin alternatives, like real ramekins, are very versatile containers that you can use to bake or make many different foods, including custard, soufflés, or individual portions of gratin potatoes. They are also great for making mini lasagna!
The Little Differences in the Substitutes That Matter
Traditional ramekins used to be made mainly of ceramic. However, alternatives have different shapes, sizes, and colors to meet all needs. There are many types, and you need to carefully choose the one that best suits the type of dessert or savory snack you want to make.
Obtainable in different shapes
You can also find sets with mugs in different shapes. Asides from the classic round mugs, you can also find square and rectangular mugs. Classic ramekins usually come in round shapes. But now, these substitutes can help you take a break from monotonously shaped baking accessories.
Different types of materials
Materials affect costs. Ramekins usually come in porcelain. However, there are different types of mugs on the market and at home with different advantages and properties. Those who want to ensure better hygiene can now choose disposable products. There are also ramekin alternatives that you can reuse. You can tailor your preferences to meet personal needs and tastes. You can select kitchenware made of silicone, ceramic, aluminum, and baking paper. The first two options allow reuse, while for aluminum and baking paper, this is not possible.
Many colors to choose from
Design is another feature that makes ramekin alternatives lovely. They can be used as decorative items for the table, to show off your artistic and culinary skills, or to celebrate events. Therefore, you can use the different shapes and colors to enrich each dessert or savory snack with a little imagination.
What to Use in Place of Ramekins?
For those who despise the traditional ramekin types, finally, here are a few alternatives for ramekins.
Also ideal for making souffle, mugs, whether coffee mugs or teacups, make good substitutes for ramekins. This is because they are often also made of porcelain. Ensure the cups are small to medium-sized and are safe for the oven as well.
Wide glass or ceramic dish
For lovers of the French dish, creme brulee, a side dish made of glass or ceramic is another great option. However, note that you could get an undercooked or overcooked creme by using the wrong size of dish.
I also often use muffin pans while baking lava cakes, and they turn out so well. However, the muffin pans may be a little bit smaller. So, instead of four large-sized ramekins, you can get six small-sized muffin pans.
Pyrex custard cups
This may be a surprising addition, but it’s an interesting option for those who like making souffles. The glass cups can be used in the oven and can be used for cooking varieties of dishes. The difference here is the custard cups curve outwards, unlike the classic ramekins with straight edges.
An oven-safe bowl also makes a great substitute for ramekins. Also, ensure the bowls are large-sized. You can also glaze the bowl before pouring the mixture. This can allow ease of lifting off the food.
A flat and large casserole or baking dish can be a perfect option if you bake desserts a lot. These dishes may seem wider than the traditional ramekin. However, you need to reduce your recipe measurement.
Elevate Your Souffle’s Today!
As you can see, you don’t have to purchase a set of ramekins to enjoy your souffle dishes. You can find the perfect alternatives among your current collection of kitchenware. If you despise ramekins or simply want more versatility out of your bakeware, there are plenty of options available.
Through careful research and testing, you can rest easy knowing that these are the very best substitutes on the market today for traditional ramekins.